How to Game Share on PS5 and Maximize Your Gaming Experience!
Welcome to the ultimate guide on how to game share on your PlayStation 5 console! Sharing games with friends and family is a fantastic way to expand your gaming library without breaking the bank. By following the steps outlined in this blog, you can easily set up game sharing on your PS5 and enjoy countless hours of gaming fun together. So, let’s dive right in!
What is Game Sharing on PS5?
Game sharing is a feature on the PlayStation 5 that allows you to share digital games and content with other users. By setting up game sharing, you can access games purchased by your friends or family members and vice versa. This means you can enjoy a wide variety of games without having to buy them all yourself.
Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up Game Sharing on PS5
Step 1: Prepare Your PS5 Console
Before starting the game sharing process, ensure that you have access to a PS5 console. You and your friend or family member will both need to own a PS5 to take advantage of this feature.
Step 2: Enable Primary PS5 Console
On your PS5, sign in to your PlayStation Network (PSN) account, which has the games you want to share. Make sure this console is set as your “Primary PS5.” To do this, navigate to “Settings” > “Users and Accounts” > “Other” > “Console Sharing and Offline Play” and select “Activate” as Primary PS5.
Step 3: Share Your Games
Now, ask your friend or family member to sign in to their PS5 console using their own PSN account. Afterward, add your account to their console by going to “Settings” > “Users and Accounts” > “Family and Friends” > “Add Family Member.” Enter your PSN account details.
Step 4: Set Up Console Sharing
Once your account is added to their console, go back to the “Family and Friends” section and select your account. Then, choose “Console Sharing and Offline Play” and enable the option “Games” to allow your friend or family member access to the games you own.
Step 5: Accessing Shared Games
Congratulations! Your friend or family member can now access the games you own on their PS5 console. Likewise, you can access their games on your PS5.
Important Things to Note
- Limitations: Keep in mind that game sharing is limited to two consoles per PSN account – one Primary PS5 and one non-Primary console.
- Share Responsibly: Only game share with trusted friends or family members. Sharing your account with strangers may risk your personal data or account security.
- Internet Connection: Both consoles must be connected to the internet to access shared games.
- Game Sharing and DLCs: While games can be shared, some downloadable content (DLC) may not be accessible on both consoles. DLCs are often tied to the purchasing account.
- Changes to Primary PS5: You can change your Primary PS5 only once every 6 months, so choose wisely.
Game sharing on the PS5 is a fantastic feature that allows you and your friends or family members to enjoy an extensive gaming library without purchasing every title individually. By following this ultimate guide, you can easily set up game sharing on your PS5 and maximize your gaming experience together. Remember to share responsibly and have a blast gaming together! Happy gaming!